My current research interests include social Web mining, knowledge discovery, network and information security, peer-to-peer (P2P) retrieval, and cloud computing.
My Ph.D studies mainly focus on the lower-level networking protocols, and the topics include the network protocols, network management, network security, and mobile Internet.
I worked on the issues in Peer-to-Peer Computing during the last year of my Ph.D study.
In my postdoctoral research, I worked on the problem of E-mail Filtering since Feb. 2003.
In addition to participating in the Cross-Language Information Retrieval (CLIR) research and National Digitial Archives Program (NDAP), I also led the NDAP Digital Rights Management (DRM) team in conducting related research.
After joinging Taipei Tech,
I tried to apply information retrieval techniques on security issues in higher-level information contents, such as multimedia content protection, and copy detection.
With the huge amount of contents in social networks,
I've been working on the effectiveness and efficiency of social Web mining using distributed resources in cloud computing.
- Current Interests: (2007-)
- Social media mining
- Social network analysis
- Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Mining
- Web mining and Knowledge discovery
- Peer-to-peer retrieval
- Cloud computing: MapReduce, Cassandra
- Also intested in:
- Near-duplicate Copy detection
- Multimedia content protection
- Postdoctoral Studies: (2002-2007)
- Network & Information Security
(E-mail Filtering, Information Filtering,
Digital Rights Management, ...)
- Digital Libraries
- Information Retrieval Techniques
- Text Mining, Web Mining, and Knowledge Discovery
- Distributed Systems & Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Computing
- Secured Operating Environment (Personal Firewall, ...)
- Ph.D Studies: (before 2002)
- CTeX Chinese Desktop-Publishing System
- Packet Driver & NDIS
- TCP/IP Protocol Engine & BSD Socket Interface on multi-platform (MSC/GCC on DOS/Linux)
- Multi-homed TCP/IP Protocol Engine
- Multi-Lingual Internet Messages (ISO 2022)
- DHCP+DNS (DDNS)
- Reconstruction and Modification of Linux Network Kernel
- Remote Configuration Management (RHCP)
- DHCP-based Intranet Management (DHCP+Firewall, DHCP+Bridge)
- Mobile Internet (Wireless LAN, IEEE 802.11x, Mobile IP, WAP, ...)